1. What is your role at CAN?
Head of Sales & Marketing
2. What does your role entail?
Responsible for the sales and promotion of all product areas and brand development within CAN.
Focusing on digital media and improving our on-line impact through social media initiatives and improved web site user experiences.
3. How long have you been a part of the CAN Team?
5 years – I started as a consultant analysing and evaluating the potential opportunity for introducing a formal sales structure into the organization.
4. What’s great about working for CAN?
I get to speak and meet hundreds of organisations each year and find out the amazing contribution they make to society. Having spent 30 years in the private sector I find the commitment and talent of the people I meet in the third sector an inspiration and the reason why I chose to work at CAN.
5. In your role as Head of Sales & Marketing what would be your top tip to others?
Avoid spending vast amounts of time trying to create something new when so much can be learnt from others.
The best sales people are listeners and taking time to ensure you understand peoples needs helps provide natural solutions that lead to conversion.
6. Which 5 famous people would you invite to a dinner party and why?
- Tracey Emin –I love her Art and attitude and think she would be a very lively guest and help to break the ice with the other guests. We are the same age and both lived in Margate, Kent and I’d love to find out if we went to the same schools.
- Chris Donnell – The creator and former editor of Viz magazine( who I did go to school with in Newcastle) would help provide anarchic adult humour at the dinner table and liven up the conversation. His strong working class routes and love of the North would also stimulate lively debate.
- Jarvis Cocker – A musical hero of mine who took almost 15 years to make it with his band Pulp and is an inspiration for all struggling musicians out there. His intelligence and engaging conversation will be ideal for any awkward silences that may happen during the evening.
- Norman Foster – I have a real interest in modern architecture and find his designs are always cutting edge, with the Gherkin being one of my favorites. I would enjoy finding out what his next design ideas are and ask him to design the CAN Mezzanine of the future (pro-Bono of course!).
- Jonny Cash – A hero of mine who would naturally provide the musical entertainment for the evening and help generate a great sing a long.
I am inspired by his own personal experiences of religion and his amazing relationship with his wife June Carter. I would love to talk to him about this into the early hours of the morning whilst the other guests wash up!.
Why not take a look at the rest of our Meet the Team series:
- Peter Murray, Head of Operations
- Martina Borosova, Business Manager, Loman Street
- Mayowa Agienoji, Finance Manager
- Tamna Ghidini, Operations Manager (CAN Mezzanine)
- Yetunde Aroloye, Head of Finance
- Helen Boyd, Executive PA
- Kirstin Ross, Head of Business Development
- Carol Bayada, Social Impact Analyst
- Tom Pang, Operations Officer
- Naheedul Jaigirdar, Operations Officer
- Andrew Croft, Chief Exec
- Jan Pollak, Operations Manager, Hounslow
- Dave Masom, Social Business Analyst
- Richard O'Brien, Social Business Analyst