1. What does your role entail?
Part of my role is to work with social enterprises and charities to help them understand how they create social change and measure it. That work involves brainstorming ideas, interviewing stakeholders, designing surveys, collecting and analysing data, desk research, writing up, creating diagrams … and another part is helping CAN manage its market and database information.
2. How long have you been a part of the CAN Team?
I joined in 2000 as a fund raiser. I then moved into a number of support roles on a range of projects including start-up support, social franchising, corporate engagement, and then into my current role.
3. What’s great about working for CAN?
The people, the variety, the flexibility, the challenging roles and what it stands for, contributing and making a difference to the social enterprise agenda.
4. In your role as Social Impact Analyst what would be your top tip to others?
Be very, very organised!
5. Which 5 famous people would you invite to a dinner party and why?
- David Bowie – I find him inspiring. I love the sheer breadth of his creativity, I think he’s got a fascinating brain, he’s well-read and will have many views on a range of topics oh…and all the looks!
- Sigmund Freud – because of his observant and enquiring mind and depth of thinking. I think he’d be a challenging dinner guest.
- Elisabeth Frink – In her interviews she comes across very articulate, really grounded, lacking in pretension, with a warm personality. Yet she’s thoroughly passionate and committed to her art, and there’s a quiet vitality that shines through some very serious works. I imagine she’d have real presence.
- Amelia Earhart – largely because of her adventurous and pioneering nature. She’d have lots of stories to share.
- Oskar Schindler – He’s such a complex and interesting character. I like that he subverted the system around him in order to do the right thing, giving all he had, and then disappearing from public view afterwards. I’d like to ask him how he felt.
Why not take a look at the rest of our Meet the Team series:
- Peter Murray, Head of Operations
- Martina Borosova, Business Manager, Loman Street
- Mayowa Agienoji, Finance Manager
- Tamna Ghidini, Operations Manager (CAN Mezzanine)
- Yetunde Aroloye, Head of Finance
- Helen Boyd, Executive PA
- Kirstin Ross, Head of Business Development