Started in 2010, Social Business Trust works to support high-growth potential social enterprises to scale up their impact, helping them to achieve their goals.
Here are 5 key things you should know about them (who knows, they may even be your next co-workers!)
- Social Business Trust (SBT) was founded by Sir Damon Buffini and Adele Blakebrough MBE. Adele also co-founded CAN, twenty years ago!
- SBT supports social enterprises to grow by investing cash grants and professional support from SBT's world-class corporate partners in a carefully selected portfolio of social businesses. London Early Years Foundation (LEYF), The Challenge, and Brightside are amongst those helped to grow. LEYF has received the largest investment to date.
- Since 2010, SBT has provided over £15 million worth of cash and in-kind assistance, including 30,000 hours of high-quality business support. SBT currently works with thirteen social enterprises, tackling problems from educational disadvantage to elderly care. Through its social enterprises, SBT has positvely impacted the lives of over 1.4 million people.
- SBT’s corporate partners are some of the biggest names in business: Bain & Company, Clifford Chance, EY, Permira, Permira Debt Managers and Thomson Reuters. Each has a senior representative on SBT’s Investment Committee, deciding which social enterprises win support to grow.
- They have chosen the BWB Charity hub managed by CAN Mezzanine as their office, a unique hub for charities in the heart of the City of London.