Andrew Croft Biography
Andrew became Chief Executive of CAN in 2008 having joined the organisation in 2006 with responsibility for the development of new revenue streams and replication, including CAN Mezzanine the award-winning high quality office space for charities, social enterprise and voluntary groups.
Andrew brought a wealth of experience in operations, sales, customer service, real estate and business development, with over 20 years’ management experience from John Lewis Partnership to easyGroup.
Prior to joining CAN Andrew was based in New York as Vice President Business Development for the easyGroup of companies, reporting directly to Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, where he was involved with franchising, real estate and a major shareholder value dispute which successfully concluded with the sale of a NY listed PLC.
Over the last decade Andrew has built and led a multi functional team at CAN (The Helen Taylor Thompson Foundation) to help around 160 social organisations, 1400 individuals per annum to create social impact.
During this time the organisation has moved from grant dependency to 100% earned income and moved assets from zero to £40m.
- Non Executive Director and Treasurer at Social Enterprise UK
- Chair at The Foyer Federation
- Member of the GLA ERDF Committee
- Active observer UK National Advisory Board Impact Investment
- Member advisory panel Charity Bank
Andrew was formerly:
- Ambassador UK Cabinet Office Mutuals Programme
- Trustee UnLtd the £100m Millennium Endowment for Social Entrepreneurs)
- Credit Committee SIB Community Builders Fund
- Trustee Thare Machi Education